Sunday, November 11, 2007

Farewell Jack

Hello Jack. The time has come to say goodbye. For two years, I loved you intensely. Time spent with you is unforgettable. Memories will haunt me. I know they will haunt you too. I have never danced better than I have danced with you. I have never had more fun than I've had with you. I love that you always smell so good. I love that you are always there when I need you. I love that you have often spent fun times with my friends too. I love that in you I found a friend, a lover, a soulmate. I love that with you I could be comfortably numb (but I hate that it made others around us uncomfortable).

I know it hurts you to see me leave, after all those nights you've spent watching me as I slept, after all those times you've loved me like no one before, after all those conversations we've had about love, life, philosophy.......

But Jack, your love sometimes is too overpowering. It makes me fall to my knees. (Sometimes I even lose balance and fall on my bum and it hurts too much the next day). Your love has made me fall from grace many a times,(and from the bed too) but I let it go. I have made mistakes, which I shouldn't have. Your love has made me do things I wouldn't dream of doing otherwise. Your love made me dance on the streets! Your love made me hide in a closet! These are things I would never want to do!! And it was all because I could not overpower you. Your love controlled me. And you know I am not used to being controlled by someone else. You know I like being in control, no matter what. But I disregarded all this in your love. I am not here to play the blame game, Jack, but it's as much a fault of yours as much as it is mine. Maybe I was just blinded by the intensity of your love.

Your love has put me in trouble a lot many times, but this time, it was a little too much. I cannot let you be in control all the time. Your love gives me a high, but it takes away my sense of self. And I cannot let that happen anymore. I have to take charge, I have to take control. But for that, I need to start over. I need to be away from you for a while to think things over. It hurts me more than it hurts you but maybe you will not understand.

Maybe it's not you, it's not me, it's not our love. Maybe it's this world that cannot understand this love, this wonderful relationship we have going on here. Maybe the intensity of the love scares this world that knows not anything but hatred. (bloody!)
(and now your love has made me use too many "maybe"s in this post)

Remember our favorite Lifehouse track, Jack? "Everything" ? What were the lyrics that we sang to each other? Oh, yeah "You are all I want, you are all i need, you're everything. And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you." :)
Now I am singing to you.. U2's "With or Without You". It's true,Jack, I can't live with or without you. My life with you has to pause for a while.... and my life without you has to go on, and it will..... :'(

Believe me, Jack, while I write this, I have already exhausted a packet of tissues wiping my eyes and my running nose. It hurts me, Jack, but i have to bid farewell to you.
Do not doubt my love Jack, because you know I'll always choose you over the others. I'll always choose you over the monks and the barons, over Johnnie and Jim, over the Kentucky gentleman and Colonel Lee, over the teachers and the kings.

I will come back to you, and you know that better than I do. But not for a while now, not for a while.

Let me learn to take control. Give me time to take charge. Let me learn how to establish a balance in the relationship, and I'll come back to you. My love for you will bring me back to you.
I love you, Jack, I really do. I wish I didn't have to do this, I wish I didn't have to hurt you. But you know, sometimes, just love is not enough. You will understand, someday if not now.

Goodbye for now. Farewell Jack.

(I cannot believe I have written this with you sitting right in front of me... )

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

You HAVE to tell me what you did when you did what you did.. :P

I was under the impression that "Jack" was for a rainy day..

navin said...

Its not his control over you but your intention to give away your control.... Jack loves to go slow...but you push him, cheat by engaging others in the parties gets the worst out of you. So love him the way you always did, take it slow...enjoying each move and you can make a night out of it :)

Lecture-rhymer said...

@navin

Jack must have talked you into posting this comment.. he is an asshole... he gets his way with everyone

:) thanks for the comment:)
(shh.. u r not supposed to tell Jack I cheat on him with others at the parties :) )

Lecture-rhymer said...

@navin

and u r defending JACK?
are u his friend? or mine?
u have to pick sides right now! X-(

Nikki said...

jack will be missed...
in the interim i hope he find his true soul mate who stays loyal no matter what....

Lecture-rhymer said...

@Nikki

I am loyal!! but sometimes.. i like change! :)

all u guys are taking Jack's side!

where is rupal? she'll defend me!
:)

Nikki said...

off course we wud take JACKs side
now that he is single and ready to mingle...

rupal said...

so it's a break up, not a divorce! u r cheating again.. After committing bouts of mild adultery, you prance around leaving Jack while he was always committed to you and even say u'll come back.. Down with adulterated love! GO JACK GO!!!

navin said...

Yea.... JACK move on.. I am sure in the myriads of true lovers you shall find an undying loyalist... u dont need a confused/adulterated soul to vow for u

Lecture-rhymer said...

all of u r on JACK's side???

@rupal
i cannot divorce him.. i don't hate him that much... i LOVE him.. you all know that! i just need to think things over!

till yesterday you hated him, when he was with me! and now look at you!!!

tch tch tch.... i m lost in this world..... abandoned.. and lonely :(

Lecture-rhymer said...

@ navin, nikki, rupal

How can you say that! you all know of my undying true love for him!

i cheated! i admit! but never shall I again!
oh Jack.. don't listen to them!

navin said...

One who cheats, thinks over and think of leaving ones true love deserves the plight suffered by you .. may the Holy 'Spirit' forever haunt your treacherous soul

Lecture-rhymer said...

Oh Holy 'Spirit'! Forgive me! For I knew not what I was doing! I have been a fool!

@this cruel world!

Jack knows of my true love. He knows I will not cheat on him again. We shall talk things out and be together again!

This world is too cruel! It will do anything to separate two lovers! But that shall not happen in our case..

Jack is mine and forever will be!
I love you Jack...I DO !!! :)

rupal said...

We never hated Jack. We never will. We live in the world of love and we hate to hate who we never met. But we figured Jack cried while you tripped.. so we are with Jack in these times of betrayal.. and if u haven't noticed.. Jack's has moved his chair to this side of the table..(oh btw, we just met him and we like him) SO BRING THE HEAT ON! WE GOT JACK ON OUR SIDE :)

Lecture-rhymer said...

fine!
bring it on bitches! (bitches = rupal,navin,nikki,JACK!)

i shall fight this battle ALONE X-(

I shall have my Jack back with me! Soon, you shall see!

Lecture-rhymer said...

Do you not see, Jack?
Now they say they are on your side! Now they say they like you!
They never did, and they never will!

Come tomorrow, and they'll be on someone else's side...(maybe MINE).. do not trust them.. do not be carried away by what they say..

They are fools!
Especially this old woman,Rupal, is too old to even know what she's talking!

Nikki said...

STOP IT NOW...I CANT TAKE IT NO MORE.
JACK IS SAFE AND FINE WITH ME.....
HE HAS MOVED ALL HIS BELONGINGS AND UNFORTUNATELY(EVEN HIS FAMILY) INTO MY APT.....
jack shall start a new life where true love exists...
and is valued.....
he shall forget his past and move on......

Lecture-rhymer said...

then why do i still see him seated comfortably in my apartment?

Is that Jack at your place? or his twin brother? :)

Nikki said...

sorry the thing that u c in front of u is just a physical body.
he decided to leave behind ne memories and that physical form reminded him of all the abuse...
so.....
there u hv it....
the dead physical form without life and meaning...

rupal said...

i guess i m old.. too old.. so i'll retire (with Jack!).

Lecture-rhymer said...

:(

I have been left to sob and cry
But to have my Jack back I shall try.
He cannot live with these old women,
Who, him, from me, have stolen.
Oh Jack, These old ladies can't keep you happy,
Eventually you'll start to feel crappy.
The old man also will soon start to bore you,
And in a dark room they'll all just store you.
They'll befriend you, and then start acting mean, [:)]
Take it from me, who that torture has seen!
Despite my warnings, if you decide to stay...
Well, then Jack, I wish you miss my love some day.
And that day to me you'll run back,
I'll still be waiting for you, my beloved JACK.
Go now, with those old ladies you can flirt,
Soon you'll realize they lack my mirth :)
Till then I have your lifeless body with me,
Experiment with new forms and ppl, I set you Free..

:'(

Anonymous said...

is Jack your favorite soft toy or something?? if he's right there why would u miss him? it sure seems the love is still intense hehe

Unknown said...

For the lifestyle we'r preparing ourselves for, we need jack more than jack needs us.